Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cloudy tap water?

 

Fellow Plainfielders may experience the cloudy tap water which greeted me when I went to prepare my morning coffee for brewing overnight Saturday.

Checking the NJ American Water Company website, it seems that we are in the period of the annual flushing out of the system by opening fire hydrants and letting them run (see their web page here).

Not to worry, the water company says, just let the water run until its clear. In my case that took about four minutes.



-- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe..

2 comments:

Jan said...

while waiting for the water to clear, you can capture that running water in a jug and use it to water your garden, shrubs, etc. Dont let the water go to waste. We do the same thing when we need to run the tap until the water gets hot for showering or dish washing. Saves on the water bill.

Pat Turner Kavanaugh said...

Dan: didn't you get a robo-call? At least this one wasn't from an energy company who thinks I have JCP&L. I got two of those in one day. Or the one at 2 am one Sunday about vinyl siding. And I'm on the do-not-call-list.