Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Art Festival at Library Park today


There will be plenty of fun for the whole family.



Bev's advice to Art Show shoppers.
Plainfield's 48th Annual Outdoor Festival of Art is slated for today from 10 AM to 4 PM at Library Park.


Local artist Indira Bailey recently studied in North Africa;
many look forward to her return.



Kids always have a good time, of course.
The free event will feature local artists and craftspersons, with activities for kids plus music and food vendors.



48th Annual Outdoor Festival of Art

SATURDAY
10 AM - 4 PM

Library Park
West 8th Street and Arlington Avenue
(RAIN LOCATION: Washington Community School)




-- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I am always so sad when I go to the Plainfield Art Festival, since it's more of a wake for previous Festivals, than a celebration of the present. There are few artists, but there are fewer people hawking plastic junk, than in past years. Since Sharon took office this event has gone steadily down hill. I did buy two small paintings from an artist from Jersey City and saw other things of beauty. I hope we can get this "Festival" back to what it was, when it was a jewel in Plainfield's crown.

Anonymous said...

It is a shame, no one wants to come to Plainfield. If you had a choice between an art festival here and one in Westfield, or Morristown, or Montclair, Plainfield loses out. I don't blame Sharon alone, there hasn't been anyone in power in this town for the past 30 years that has done anything to move this town along. One after another, political officials have made the wrong decisions. Now sadly, it's too late.

Cali said...

No one called or e-mailed me! I'm a local artist and I remember signing up for this event last year but this year I didn't hear a word about the festival and hence.....forgot about it totally!

I am sad cuz it is the first place I sold my paintings and got an award for my work.

I know it is my fault for not paying attention to events that are willing to hav me promote my work for free! But I am busy painting and all I ask is for a e-mail or an announcement. A well....next time I will keep an eye out and tell everyone I know to come