Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Friday, November 29, 2013

Getting ready for a family visit


Dan's sisters Diane (left) and Barbara, pictured with the crop
that once supplied America's Welch's Grape Jelly.
My home county, Chautauqua, was the epicenter of Concord grape
production in the United States in the 1940's through 1960's.

Plainfield Today readers get a break today from -- as faithful reader Rob calls the shot -- Dan's 'smarmy' view of local political carryings-on.

Nothing today on the schemes to blunt the impact of a Mapp mayoralty, nor last-minute efforts by Mayor Sharon Robinson-Briggs to line a friend's pockets with $10 bills or pack boards and commissions with various hangers-on.

No, we're cleaning house for a state visit by my sister Barb and her husband Joe, plus niece Avery and my stepmom Annie as they make their way back to Connecticut after Thanksgiving in Philly with Joe's family.

Not quite as demanding as passing the white glove test of a Junior League membership committee.







-- Dan Damon [follow]


View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

3 comments:

Rob said...

awwwwwwww... faithful, yes, indeed.
Smarmy ?
Ways..not views. Good try.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan
I have an email that would interest you how can I get it to you

Dan said...

Hey Anon -- Depends on why you think I should see it. If it'ss just interesting, you can cut and paste the text into a comment.

If it's important for a story, I would need to be able to verify who it was from. You could forward it to me, and I could mask your identity if I found it useful.

However, if you don't want me to knoow who you are (even though I would protect your ID), then it kind of goes nowhere...

You could also snail mail a copy to me with your ID balcked out, to 661 West 7th St, Plfd 07060.