Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Friday, May 29, 2009

Message from Darlene McWilliams about Relay for Life



I am reprinting below an email from Darlene McWilliams, chairperson this year's Relay For Life, which begins tomorrow at 6:00 PM. Please come out and support this event. You can read the Courier story online (see here) and get more information about how to participate at Annie McWilliams blog (see here). Also note that the ReMax Hot Air Balloon will be present in support of the event from 5:00 PM onward, offering tethered balloon rides in support of the cause (thanks to Robert K. Graham!).

Hello All,

If you have received this message twice, I apologize. I recognize some duplications in my email list.

I can't tell you how excited we all are! We are quickly approaching our Relay for life Event in Plainfield. We have some exciting events planned. Participating in this years event are our own Former Governor Jim McGreevey, Our School Superintendant Dr. Steve Gallon, The award winning Soumas Heritage School of Music, some outstanding jazz and R&B Bands, Mr. Donald Van Blake, many of Plainfield's outstanding youths, and many more!

Since moving to Plainfield over 22 years ago, my family and I have thrown ourselves into the community. But upon the loss of my husband Al, I for a moment didn't see how I could move on with my life, I didn't want to do anything but "lay down and die." I can't believe that it has been more than 2 years now. During those two years I discovered that almost everyday I was approached by someone who had experience cancer themselves or had been the caregiver for a loved one. I have been touched and renewed by their stories and I am more convinced than ever that Plainfield's fighting spirit is needed in the effort to fight this evil disease. WE NEED YOUR ACTIVE SUPPORT.

For those of you who know me, you know that I am not afraid of asking for the dollar! We need your financial support. We can wish all day, but we need the funds to fight the disease and to provide services for those who are in need. The funds raised by our community will be used to support the people of our community.

Yes, these are tough times. But if we can get another 1000 of our citizens and their friends to give 25 dollars each, that would be another 25 thousand dollars. These are tax deductions!

By logging onto our website (see here), you can still participate. It is not too late! See the attachments above for even more opportunity to participate. Go on and find a team that you want to support...and by putting in a few dollars you can help us to meet our goal of $65,000.000.

Thank you a million times for anything that you can do. We hope to hear from each of you.

Respectfully,

Darlene McWilliams

Come on out!




-- Dan Damon

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

0 comments: