Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Dottie Gutenkauf passes

Dottie Gutenkauf (seated) with Councilor Rebecca Williams
and Mother Carolyn Eklund at 2015 Muhlenberg closing commemoration.


Plainfield political icon Dottie Gutenkauf passed away this morning, I learned in a text message from her son John shortly after 9:30 AM.
 
She will be greatly missed. I will post a personal appreciation of Dottie later and keep everyone informed about memorial plans.




  -- Dan Damon [follow]


View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Thank you, Dan. I spoke to Dottie on Thursday and she was in good spirits. We have lost a wonderful friend in Dottie.

Bob Bolmer

The Editor said...

Hi Dan,

Your recent post about your visit to Dottie inspired me to drop her a line last week. I'm so glad that I did and grateful to you for your post. I would say that it will be hard to fill her shoes, but that is incorrect: it's impossible.