Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Plainfield Today readers surprise Dan


This -- my cell -- is where I got
the news I write about below.



Got my monthly Plainfield Today Google stats email Friday morning with some interesting facts.

For the first time since I started blogging in 2005, readers viewing Plainfield Today on mobile devices reached 50%.

I have been expecting this milestone for some time.

I cannot be alone in spending a lot of time on my phone.

I am composing this right now on my phone on Friday afternoon as I sit in dialysis, multi-tasking at its finest.

I used to scribble notes to myself to look things up later on my laptop but now find it much easier to Google on my phone and email the link to myself to open later on the laptop.

You can now listen to the radio, watch sports broadcasts, view a gazillion videos and binge watch your favorite TV series -- all on your phone.



And of course there is texting. How did we EVER get by without it? (Though I certainly can't type as fast as today's youngsters, who seem to take to it before they can even walk.)

I do, though, have one inflexible rule: NO texting while driving. And I hope you have the same rule.

(Witnesses to a traffic fatality at 2nd and Park a few months ago reported the driver was texting -- on a turn, no less -- when the pedestrian was struck and killed.)

So definitely do NOT do it.

On another front, there were 44,711 visitors last month which is great considering it is summer and I continue my habit of taking Saturdays off.

Thanks to all of you again for reading. It makes me feel that the effort is worth it for readers.

One last note: Many have asked for me to return COMMENTS to Plainfield Today.

I abandoned them during Sharon's last years as mayor because they were taken over by haters and trolls. Now that things have quieted down a bit, I am considering turning them back on.

Besides, it would give me something else to do while I'm sitting here.



 -- Dan Damon [ follow ]

View today's CLIPS  here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

0 comments: