Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

DaVita treats clients with Boo-bag Halloween treats



Spooky costumes couldn't hide friendly staff.

They left a Boo-bag of candy and snacks.


And I devoured the salty pretzels, which help me
fight low blood pressure which comes with dialysis.

So Wednesday was both Halloween and my regular dialysis day at Plainfield DaVita in the old Kenyon Nurses Residence at Park Avenue and Randolph Road.

The staff mostly smiles at my refusing to watch TV (who would watch daytime TV if you had any kind of alternative?) and leaves me alone for my three-hour stint once I'm hooked up.

As on most other days, I was busy doing email, reading the news, and writing a draft of tonight's Plainfield Today post.

But soon I became aware of a group of figures moving about in the corner where I and several other patients were tucked.

It was staff members in costume (though I was able to figure out who was who) -- and distributing small Halloween Boo-bags of candy and snacks.

When they gave me mine, I asked them to pose for a picture and -- spotting forbidden stuff in the goody bag -- asked whether I was allowed to indulge.

The dietitian, who was one of the ghouls, said "I give you my blessing ... for today."

'Nuf said.

I ate the pretzels (the saltiness helps me fight off low blood pressure, which is a problem in dialysis) and the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and saved the rest for later.

It really is like being part of a family after a while, with the staff and patients familiar with each other and on friendly terms.

I love being at DaVita. Of course, if I weren't there, where would I be? Lol.



 -- Dan Damon [ follow ]


View today's CLIPS  here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.


About Cookies: This blog is operated by Google, which uses cookies to improve the user's experience. By continuing to read this blog you agree to their use.







0 comments: