The Union County Board of Elections will have a
live demo voting machine on hand this evening.
Plainfield's chapter of the League of Women Voters (LWV) has organized a monster community voter registration forum for this evening at the Plainfield High School cafeteria.
Several organizations will be joining members of the LWV to inform and inspire Plainfield voters in advance of the November elections. Today is National Voter Registration Day.
Among the topics covered will be --
- What you can expect from your City government
- Voter information sharing
- Voter machine demonstration
- "Chat and Chew" discussions on various topics
- Voter registration forms will be available
- City of Plainfield
- Plainfield Board of Education
- Plainfield Advisory Commission on Hispanic Affairs (PACHA)
- Human Relations Commission
- Plainfield Youth Commission
- Omicron Chi chapter of Omega Psi Phi
- CJA Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta
- FUSP Social Action Committee
- National Association of University Women
- Union County Board of Elections
The event is open to the entire community. New to Plainfield and want to know more about local elections? Have you moved and don't know your new voting location? Need to know how to declare or change your party affiliation? Whatever your election questions, you will find answers tonight.
The event runs this evening from 6:00 to 8:30 PM in the PHS cafeteria. Refreshments will be served. Use the Kenyon Avenue parking lot. Entrance is right by the lot. The cafeteria is handicap accessible.
-- Dan Damon [follow]