The basic concept: One hour of earned sick leave for
every 30 hours worked.
Plainfield's new paid sick time law takes effect Friday, July 15.
The city has posted information online in both English nd Spanish explaining the law and its provisions (see here).
The information covers commonly asked questions about paid sick leave --
- An overview of the law
- Who is covered?
- When can sick time be used?
- For what purposes?
- How much sick time can be earned and used each year?
- Can sick time be carried over?
- What if you already have paid sick time or time off?
- What kind of notice must an employer be given?
- What if an employer does not allow or punishes for using sick time?
Questions and complaints may be addressed by calling (908) 753-3092 or visiting the city's website at plainfieldnj.gov/.
-- Dan Damon [follow]