Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Friday, June 8, 2018

Pacemaker Alert: Metal detectors now at City Hall


You WON'T find a notice like this at City Hall.

Evidently without any notice to the public**, the Mapp administration has installed metal detectors at both the front and rear entrances at Plainfield City Hall as of this week.

Readers with pacemakers (I am among them) need to be careful when entering and leaving the building.

When my pacemaker was installed last December at University Hospital in Newark, I was very carefully instructed not to go through metal detectors but to alert security personnel to my pacemaker and be patted down by hand.

I have followed that procedure ever since when attending Council meetings at the courthouse.

Though there is some informal, small-sample research on this matter on the Internet, I would still advise caution. As my mother always said, "Better safe than sorry."

**I searched the City of Plainfield website and found no references, and scrolled through Mayor Mapp's twice-weekly email newsletters and did not find any notice.





 -- Dan Damon [ follow ]

View today's CLIPS  here. Not getting your own
CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

0 comments: