Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Why I love Facebook: Funny posts from some of my FB friends


FB friend Jeromy Dunn spotted this clever
marketing callout to shoppers.


There are plenty of reasons to be suspicious of Facebook -- making a gazillion dollars off our personal information and trolling us with relentless ads 'tailored' to our interests are two big ones.

But I also love Facebook, because that where lots of my friends not only vent -- about politics and life in general -- but also post some very funny images and memes.

Today, I want to share a few from this past week. I'll give credit where I remembered to note (a couple I forgot, so whoever posted -- please forgive me).





1920s cartoon character Felix the Cat
was recalled by FB friend Vicky Blasucci.




A visual pun caught the attention of
FB friend Bob Cashill.







Sage advice was noted by FB friend Ken Joy.







Though not funny, this photo is striking. The gown and accoutrements
are all made from plastic cups and dinnerware.
Spotted by FB friend Terri Slaughter-Cabbell.







Sometimes classic film scenes are repurposed, as in this
one spotted by FB friend Mark James Luzzi.


Hope you enjoyed this little selection. I'll keep my eye open for more. Use Facebook, but wisely.



  -- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS W here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.



About Cookies: This blog is operated by Google, which uses cookies to improve the user's experience. By continuing to read this blog you agree to their use.




0 comments: