Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is McCain whipping up a firestorm?



What's going on with John McCain's campaign is troubling.

Being booed at his own rallies for insisting that Obama is a decent person and not an Arab is not a good sign.

Frank Rich cites chapter and verse in his NYTimes column today (see here) for every wild outburst, including unprintable racial epithets.

In an OpEd piece in today's Ledger (not online as far as I can tell), Charles Taylor cites the 'appeal to psychotic rage in which the McCain-Palin campaign is indulging'.

Anyone who remembers Jim Crowism and lynching has reason to worry.

Anyone who remembers the Holocaust has reason to worry.

Are McCain's strategists sending a desperate message: 'Vote for us, the white candidates'?

I hope not, but I'm still worried.

-- Dan Damon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
You're nuts! I believe that you are doing just that with the locals by making that suggestion. In fact, those that you describe interupting the McCain rallies are paid Obama people trying to incite just the reaction that they have gotten from you.

Anonymous said...

I agree annoymous. I can't believe Dan made this utterly unsubstantiated post. Politics at its worse. I usually respect his posts ... not this one.

Anonymous said...

Dan, I can't believe you really believe this stuff....I really thought you were smarter than this....I think you are a bit too starry eyed over Obama ..and have lost all sense of reality....