Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lunch with Reagan ... as imagined


The following wickedly delicious 'quote' from the recently-published The Reagan Diaries arrived by email from a reader day or two ago --
"May 17, 1986. A moment I've been dreading. George brought his ne'er-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida. The one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work."
Try as I might, I couldn't find it in the copy I sneaked a peek at in the Borders at Watchung Square Mall.

Turns out it's from the feverish imagination of New Republic regular, Michael Kinsley [more here].

The Reagan book is at Borders, Barnes & Noble, or from Amazon here. Or leatherbound for $126, if you insist (red ribbon markers not included).



The New Republic: Michael Kinsley: "My Lunch With Reagan"

-- Dan Damon

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

ARCHIVED POSTS OF PLAINFIELD TODAY FROM 11/03/2005 THROUGH 12/31/2006 ARE AT
http://plainfieldtoday.blogspot.com/

0 comments: