Delivered to 15,000 Plainfield "doorsteps" Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Signs Of The Times: Library's Children's Room being reinvented


The much-loved (and fondly remembered) 'story pit' will be reinvented.
 
Reinvention of the Plainfield Public Library's Children's Room is well under way, with the new room expected to open in late spring or early summer, according to Director Joe Da Rold.

These are a couple of shots I grabbed as the room was being stripped of its old carpet and walls in preparation for the do-over.

I won't spoil the surprise of the changes, but let's just say I'll bet the kids will be wowed.

Da Rold says adults may get a sneak peek by way of a fundraising reception before the room officially reopens to the public.

Stay tuned.



It's a to-the-walls reinvention!


-- Dan Damon [follow]

View today's CLIPS here. Not getting your own CLIPS email daily? Click here to subscribe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exciting! I spent a great deal of my childhood in the late 80s/early 90s in that room. Can't wait to see the results :)

Anonymous said...

That is great that the room is being renovated. I too have fond memories. The one question that I must ask is? How many local contractors are being used?