Since Plainfield's second homicide Sunday evening (see here), a miniature crime wave has broken out in the Queen City.
Consider this --
- Monday -- TWO armed robberies with handguns;
- Monday -- SHOOTING at Elmwood Gardens; no one injured, but bullet went through a first-floor window;
- Tuesday -- STABBING at Stebbins Place and West 3rd Street. Victim got himself to Muhlenberg SED, transferred to University Hospital for trauma surgery;
- Tuesday -- ROBBERY with slashing on East 3rd Street. Passerby interrupted robbery of 75-year-old male, who had been slashed in the neck.
- Tuesday -- SHOOTING: Male shot on Liberty Street, near South Second Street, around 9:30 PM.